SC - King's taste comments

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Tue Feb 17 13:55:01 PST 1998

I have never served coffee and cornflakes, or anything like it, as
the breakfast for an event.  I am one of those people who just cannot
face cereal in the mornings, so couldn't bear to feed it to others.

We in fact, have held specific events which are Elizabethan
breakfasts, held at a decent time, around 10am.   These involve
all sorts of amazing foods (usually catered by the talented
Mistress Monique de la Maison Rouge) in a continuous stream.
Usually there are no more than 25 different dishes (it is, after all,
only breakfast)

For a recent weekend event, we provided bread, cheese,
fruit salad and pancakes for breakfast on Saturday, and the same
but with pikelets for breakfast on Sunday.  Pancakes are ideal
as they can be cooked well in advance and frozen if you like, or
the batter can be made the night before and then cooked in the
morning.

Kiriel