SC - Recipes vs. Copyrights

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Tue Feb 17 23:28:01 PST 1998

> My only source of objection is that I'd rather not have anyone making a
> profit from my work without my consent. I'd really be much more
> comfortable with the idea of the recipes being distributed for free, or
> at most for the cost of printing / copying.

As you probably know, Cariadoc has a pretty liberal policy about his
work. I think this has been a great benefit to everyone, not just
within the SCA, even if some hustler manages to make a fast buck or
two off of it.

> I, for one, would be willing to sign a release for the material I'm
> responsible for (assuming there is any!) given reasonable assurance that
> such a collection would not be sold for personal profit, etc.

Anything you post to this list is already sold for personal profit by
web search engines... depending on whatyou mean by "sold for personal
profit". It's a slippery term.

- -- gb