SC - Breakfast

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 02:17:24 PST 1998

At 3:57 PM -0500 2/17/98, Chris Peters wrote:
>Louise Sugar wrote:

>Orignally recipes/cookbooks WERE copyrighted. The courts became so fed up with
>/chefs/cooks suing one another over recipes that were THEREs and no one
>else so
>yada yadda had to copy it that the usual laws were lifted in regards to
>recipes.
>Its interesting reading (if you like being bored by legal texts) I read it
>several years ago in the library of congress.

Could you give me a cite to either the relevant part of the copyright act
or the case? It doesn't sound very likely, given the way the legal system
works--copyright is statutory not common law. I'm pretty sure I have a copy
of the act in my office, and if so can check it tomorrow.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/