SC - Re: Breads

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 24 15:19:18 PST 1998

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:20:13 -0500 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:29:18 -0500
>> From: sunnie at CUPID.COM
>> Subject: SC - sources for ripe fruits
>>
>> SC>I was wondering if someone out there could help me or maybe past
>on to
>> SC>someone who can.  A friend of mine and I are novice liquer and
>cordial
>> SC>makers.  When have collected a many reciepes (period -  some not)
>as we
>> SC>could get our hands on and have set a goal of 26 liquers in 52
>weeks.  In
>> SC>order to achieve our goal we would like to now when certain
>fruits become
>> SC>ripe and are available in the stores.
<snip>
==============

>Way back in the Stone Age (And I'll thank you folks in the Peanut
>Gallery to lay off the Flintstone jokes just for a second here ;  )!)
>used to have a textbook that a local college used as part of its
>curriculum for its program in restaurant and hotel management.
>Unfortunately, I no longer have it, and all I can remember is its
>title,
>and even that may be incorrect.
>Adamantius
>troy at asan.com
Found my textbook on that topic, and while it itself was none too
helpful, the biblo at the end of the chapter was. Try this, contact the
National Restaurant Association in Chicago, IL. and ask for their pamplet
_Buying,Handling, and using Fresh Fruit_
Myself, I call your local University Extenstion Program.
Beatrix