SC - First try at redaction

Sun Feb 1 15:57:23 PST 1998

This is an Elizabethean recipe, and they liked their sweets.  For the total
amount of butter and flour involved, I would have used at least 1 1/2 cups
sugar and likely 2 cups of sugar.  I would have also used about a teaspoon
each of cloves and mace.

Flour can be a difficult variable with which to work.  For your next
experiment, decide how much butter and sugar you are going to use and cream
them together.  Take 1/2 cup of your flour and sift your spices into it,
then blend it into the creamed mixture.  Add the remaining flour 1/4 cup at
a time, blending it in thoroughly.  When your dough is to the consistency
you want it, stop and bake it.

If the dough gets too dry, add 1/2 teaspoon of water and blend it in.
Repeat until the dough is the consistency you want it.

Don't try to juggle all of your ingredients to get a perfect mix.  I doesn't
work well.

Bon Chance

Bear