SC - sugar/was rose sekanjabin/was coffee and tea

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Sun Feb 1 16:28:13 PST 1998

david friedman wrote:

> Why do you assume sugar is expensive in al-Islam? Of course it is expensive
> in Frangistan, since they have to import it from the civilized world, but
> we grow the stuff.

Once agin I ask your pardon, your Grace. I had assumes that sugar was
expensive due to the refining process which takes lots of water and a
small amount of time. How expensive was sugar in al-Islam? perhaps a
figure relative to the price of bread would help me understand.

> ><quote>Syrup of Carrots
snip
> What I like about that one is that you apparently throw away the carrots
> when you're finished.

Being a poor and uneducated barbarina, I would not waste even carrots. I
think I used them to make the carrot balls also described in the
Andelthusian.

Crystal of the Westermark