SC - Re: year SCA was created

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 2 12:59:00 PST 1998

At 03:33 PM 1/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 10:16 AM 1/30/98 PST, you wrote:
>>My Lady Aoife:
>>             Not meaning to seem picky,this is AS XXXII but
>>your web page says :

Actually the SCA was created WAY before the 'early' 1980's.  I knew the SCA
had been around for at least almost 25 years because June 1999 we are
having our 25th anniversary celebration for the founding of the Dominion of
Myrkfaelinn.  So I checked www.sca.org, and I discovered it was even older
than that.  Here's the paragraph snipped down:

"Since 1966, the society has grown to include over 20,000 paying members in
the US, Canada, Great Britain, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Italy, Okinawa,
New Zealand, Australia, Iceland, the Netherlands, Scotland, Ireland, and
Spain."

	Angeline

>Well, yes, I see your point, but most of the folks looking at my page will
>be directed there from mundane sources (ie: the cooking pod at tripod, of
>which I seem to be the only HISTORICAL cook). They'd have no clue what AS
>XXXII means.

Lady Angeline di Aquila
Dominion of Myrkfaelinn
  mka. Angie Malone