Remedies (was: SC - coffee/tea)--long

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Thu Feb 5 06:11:23 PST 1998

david friedman wrote:
> > At 9:46 PM -0500 2/2/98, Angelique wrote:
> >So I'm not talking from any period knowledge
> >base, here, just assuming that a period young woman might have done the
> >same, were she schooled in how to make those 'tisanes', for household
> >healing >snip for brevity<
> >Betty (I think) said
> This reminds me of my favorite period chicken soup recipe, from Chiquart.
> Don't blame me for the style--I just translated it. >Snipped<
This line, along with the sekanjabin line, made me realize something
kind of neat. My Grandma's health tonic, which she recommended daily,
that I still take like a tea in the morning and sometimes at meals, and
which I have seen other homeopaths recommend, in varying forms is two
tablepoons of honey, with one to two tablespoons of cider vinegar
stirred into a cup of hot water. Drink like a tea. Try it. It actually
tastes good, and is wonderful for a sore throat, among other things.
Never realized before- kind of a modern sekanjabin...