SC - kid cooks redux

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 23:14:46 PST 1998

> PS How do you keep from burning your fingers constantly?!? ;-) Maybe I
>  am just a clutz.

Okay <sigh> it's time to fess up... The dumbest thing I ever did cooking was
to burn all four fingers on my right hand. Happened like this: I was making
good old SOUTHERN cornbread, I put the frying pan with crisco in it in the
preheated oven to heat up, and mixed the batter. Pulled heated the frying pan
out, using mits, took off the mits to pick up the bowl of batter, and noticed
the handle of the frying pan was jutting out from the stove top. Distinctly
thought "That's unsafe" and grabbed said hot pan with my unmitted hand.

If you're a klutz, what am I?

Corwyn