SC - cuttlefish & kids

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Thu Feb 12 15:33:49 PST 1998

Hi,

1.  Antoine, what do you mean, do we want cuttlefish recipes?  OF
COURSE we want cuttlefish recipes.  That book you are working through
is magnificent, and I await each instalment with bated breath (or is
that baited?  I'm so keen on seafood, I'll even eat limpets...)
Please, the more the better.  Make them up, if you must.

2.  Puck, I have occasionally found that in getting kids to cook, the
more more revolting the preparation the better, particularly if it
horrifies adults (like my 4 y.o. niece frying porridge).  It's even
better if it tastes good too (_she_ liked the porridge, at any rate).
Having started on bread at about six, that particular niece (who is a
fairly representative 10 % sample) has just reached double figures
and makes the family's supply of phyllo every week.

3.  Having had enough of my lord mumbling in the background, it's
time to reintroduce myself, as there seems to be a bit of confusion
again.  I am Cairistiona nic Bhraonnaguinn, mka Christina van Tets.
My husband, whose email I use, but who does not cook on a regular
basis, is Ian vT, or Jan van Seist.  We are Australian (from
Melbourne), although living in Cape Town at present.  We expect to
move on later this year, probably to Israel.  This month I am
celebrating 10 years with the SCA, and 9 since my first, highly
unsuccessful, redaction.  I have been subscribing to the list since
about issue 120.  There <pant> I think that's all.  Now please stop
calling me Ian!  (Please?)

Bonne Chance

Cairistiona