SC - Scrambled Eggs

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Feb 13 23:45:29 PST 1998

Been watching this egg thread and wondering a bit. What sort of omelette is
so hard it needs to be sliced? Not to mention so big? I learned my
omelette-ing, to coin a verb, from Julia Child's recipes, and I turn mine
out in individual portions, with all desired ingredients in them, so that
they're thouroughly cooked, but fork (Plastic fork) tender- I've been doing
it at the last couple of New Years mornings breakfasts, and I can turn them
out, one every thirty seconds or so after the first one. Further, they're
all two egg omelettes. Why would one want to make a huge omelette?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: And so serue it forth hote, yleched.
: >
: > Wouldn't you interpret the "yleched" as meaning that it is solid enough
: > be sliced as implying that it is solid enough to be sliced, hence more
like
: > an omelet than scrambled eggs?
: >
: > David/Cariadoc
:
: Um, solid enough to slice?  That's what MY scrambled eggs come out like-
: I like them very cooked, but the texture is not as  smooth and
: homogeneous as an omelette.
: Angelique
: (WHAT do you MEAN, 'over easy'?) :D
: