SC - RE: sultanas & Sugar

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 21:14:26 PST 1998

<<  I understand that beets are still the most used source of sweetner in
England,
 corn in the US, and cane sugar in Australia.>>

In my experience, here in the US beet sugar is the most common sweetener with
one of the large producers being the state of Wyoming. (Yes there are things
here other than cattle and Yellowstone National Park :->)  Cane sugar shows up
in many baking recipes and corn syrup shows up mostly in candy recipes where
it is often combined with beet sugar.

Noemi