SC - Recipes vs. Copyrights

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 07:17:14 PST 1998

In a message dated 2/18/98 2:29:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
korrin.daardain at juno.com writes:

<< Well, having hit the hornets nest with the stick in the first
 place.  I had a friend assist me in finding the following information. I
 hope this will assist anyone who is compiling a collection. >>

Thank-you for this information.  Despite my earlier rant and the accompanying
skirmish, I would say that it is a matter of common courtesy to ask other
people for permissions when using their work in other sources and to give
credit where credit is due.  This would also entail NOT using a piece if
permission is not granted.

That is after all, what the SCA is all about: chivalry and courtesy.  Being
all too human we all, including myself, occasionally fall short of that ideal
whether through misguided thinking or overreaction to a perceived wrong. And
now we can calmly get back to the business of cookery. :-)

Ras