SC - medieval beverages

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Wed Feb 18 15:16:03 PST 1998

> Any evidence that fruit- flavored or herbed vinegars are period? >although it sounds like an obvious process.

Not sure if it is period or not, but the same florilegium section yields
instructions for steeping fruit in vinegar to make a fruit-flavored
vinegar that would work well, and I'm not sure, but I think the two
drinks referred to using fruit vinegar.

> I noticed a pair of flavored vinegars on the company cafeteria
> salad bar today, so I can see they should be available.
>
> Now that you mention it, I do remember the names twilsy and switchel.
> I’ll look in the file.
>
> Stefan li Rous
> stefan at texas.net
>
> (Uh oh. Do I really come across that pompous about the files? I’m
> just the editor. It is you folks that know all this stuff. I just
> collect it.)
No dear. Never. Just helpful. And always willing to offer any help you
can. I am very grateful for your assistance. I had just been looking
beverage stuff up, and seen the reference- I was just soooo pleased that
I could direct you to help, for a change, and the opportunity to tease
you a little along the way was more fun than I could resist!
Hugs & Pinches
Angelique
(Bounce, Bounce, giggle, bounce)