SC - Recipes vs. Copyrights

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 14:54:09 PST 1998

In a message dated 2/19/98 3:53:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< So my advice would be to limit your published collection to things
 for which you can get the author's permission.

 David/Cariadoc
 http://www.best.com/~ddfr/ >>

This is indeed good advise.  There are some writers on this list who I admire
greatly for their research and work in the area of medieval cookery and I
would hate to see them become hesitant to post to the list.  Especially since
I look forward to purchasing whatever their next book would be. (Your Grace
and Cindy being the top 2 writers on my must have everything they write list).
:-)

BTW, your insight regarding the copyright laws have been especially helpful to
me in reorganizing and rethinking the way I would handle other people's
writings.  The example you gave of your personal experience was particularly
helpful in understanding this complex subject.  Thank-you for your informative
posts.

Ras