SC - Copyright of Recipes

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 17:25:33 PST 1998

Hey, folks,

Would it be possible to drop this subject?  We have been over all the legal
ramifications with both our resident lawyers and our wanna be lawyers.  The
FACTS are that individual recipes are not copyrightable.  Llewellyn Press is
the source of this info and I have spoken to my own lawyer about it.  No
amount of revealing new twists to the interpretation of current law or wishful
thinking can do anything to change that.  IMHO, it is time top get back to the
more pertinent and serious business of period cookery as it pertains to the
SCA and other forms of cookery used in SCA situations.

The bottom line is if you think your individual recipe is worth $1000 then
don't post it.  If you are seriously concerned with advancing knowledge of
period cookery then by all means share.  OK?

Ras (who is not a little bit bored with this whole absurd subject)