SC - bellows

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Feb 28 22:05:07 PST 1998

I asked and Brandu answered:

>> I’m not sure of your description.  Is this a completely soft bag?
>> No flat boards? I’m not sure how the rods are arranged. What do
>> they do at the bag?
>Completely soft bag. Laid on the ground.  hole in the bottom to which
>the exit tube is attached.

Thanks. I understand this description much better. This bellows would
seem to give a fair amount of air, but less often and probably with
more effort that the fan type bellows I was thinking of.

>I do have some experience to support this. But I haven't made bellows
>since Boy Scouts, and only have repaired the "constant flow" type, while
>fixing an old organ for a friend. I cannot be considered an authority,
>but I have done it with my own two hands.

Thank you again. I had forgotten about that initial stroke of the bellows.
Also I have only seen a few pictures; never the real item. Your personal
experience is still valuable. As I will be attempting to make a bellows
any additional comments you would like to give me, by email if you wish,
would be most appreciated.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net