SC - SC-Ideas needed.

Rodney K Zeigler zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:21:34 PST 1998

Hello all!
Yes, 'tis true, I am here not to argue about the finer points of chemical
engineering as it pertains to food, but am searching for actual culinary
advice.

My group is hosting a dance moot on the 21st of this month, and are hoping
to provide some sort of an easily transportable lunch for participants (for
a nominal fee, of course. We need pavilions to match our nifty new banner
poles.). We will of course provide the ubiquitous sausages, cheese, and
bread, but I was wondering if anyone would have any slightly-more creative
ideas, which are hopefully a.) inexpensive, b.) not needing too much
refrigeration or careful handling, and c.) preparable ahead of time. As one
of the few local cooks, I have kind of taken this project under my wing,
only to discover that I will be out of the state on official business that
weekend. Errrrrrrrr. So, anything I can do to help before departure I am
feeling guilty enough to do.
Like normal, we're trying to be period. In fact, we'ree looking at a
late-period French theme, so anything that would fit in perfectly would
result in the apotheosis of the suggestor, but any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks!

Kent (Does my college bowl coach get the event calendar and plan using
that, or what here? Sheesh.)