SC - Fw: [Mid] Feasts: Serving and Carving

RMcGrath at dca.gov.au RMcGrath at dca.gov.au
Tue Feb 3 14:48:15 PST 1998

Yes, I know I'm late in replying, but not only do I have much paper on my
desk, I also have *piles* of virtual paper too!

The Good Food Feast which was held in Politarchopolis, Lochac, in October
last year, was a wonderful example of how pomp and ceremony can add to the
atmosphere of a feast.  In this case, there were only 50 honoured guests,
who sat at four tables, and each table was attended by at least 3 servers.
There was also a butler and assistants to serve drinks.  A truly incredible
team in the kitchen provided the gentles with magnificent dishes, each of
which was announced before being brought before the feasters by *trained*
servers.

Yes, I was a server, and yes, we were told *exactly* what to do, where to
place items, how to serve, etc. before the honoured guests arrived.  And it
added greatly to the atmosphere.

The Politarchopolis Assault Catering Corps outdid themselves in providing
not only fantastic period fare (and they could show the recipes :-), but
also provided subtleties, and, the piece de resistance, a suckling pig
which was carved in front of the guests.

The subtleties included a ginger bread stained glass window, and individual
pinetrees (OK, they were approx. 30 cm high) complete with snow (uncooked
meringue).

What fun!

Rakhel Petrovna
Politarchopolis, Lochac