SC - What's happening?

R.A. Kappler II kappler at edgenet.net
Wed Feb 4 08:44:28 PST 1998

>Some topics that might be interesting along that line include espalier,
design
>of kitchen gardens, herbal knotwork gardens, etc. Any takers? :-)
>
>Ras

WOOWOO!  Herbal knotwork garden milord?  Let's rock!  oh...er...eh
hem..harrumph, Let us persue this topic of discussion milord Ras.  :-)
Celtic Knotwork is one of my loves/hobbies/pursuits.  Have planned for Pucks
Glen to have several.  The knotwork is comparitively easy once you get the
idea, I find that the most difficult is not in planning the design, but
rather the constituents.  One that most recently gaveme the most food for
thought recently was from _The Herb Companion_'s April/May 1996 issue, which
had a wonderful article on planting a 'moonlight garden'.  Since in my
beliefs the moon looms highly important, I was intrigued.  The essence of
the article is a plot that is planted with herbs and flowers that, though
not neccessarily eyecatching during the daylight hours, have an affinity for
reflecting and /or modify moonlight.  Some of the plants used: mugwort,
silver mound, silver brocade, purity cosmos, white larkspur, white flowering
crocuses, and foxglove excelsior, among others.  I changed the
recommendations for my use to a knotwork design vice scatter garden, though
sadly, its still exist only in my mind as Uncle Sam has decided to keep me
around for a few more years.

Regards, Puck