SC - blancmanger - help!!

kat someone at mail.redshift.com
Sun Feb 8 14:36:16 PST 1998

Hi all, kat here (writing from her home address)

I'm still having trouble with that blancmanger.  I tried it again this
weekend... I added a lot more aromatics to the chicken stock (onions, fresh
thyme, fresh sage, pepper) and once I pulled out the cooked chicken I
reduced the stock for a while.  Next, I made the almond milk WITH some of
the stock (instead of with water).  I cooked the rice in the almond milk
and enriched stock, and when it was done I tossed in the shredded chicken
and some almonds gently fried in butter...

The results?  The almonds tasted lovely, the chicken was fine.  The rice
was BLAND, BLAND, BLAND... no flavor at all!!!!

Am I doing something wrong?  I really really want to do this dish in a
period style...  but if I can't get better results with the almond milk I
may end up cooking the rice with just the stock for my feast.

Advice, anyone?

	- kat

"Live, live, live!  Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving
to death!"

	- Auntie Mame