SC - Scrambled Eggs & Irish Cream

MdePeyriac at aol.com MdePeyriac at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 14:11:36 PST 1998

<<  And they both like to cook scrambled eggs (I know, not period but...)
:o_) > >>

      Well, I guess because scrambled eggs in this house usually have
garlic/onion and misc. spices in them, I wasn't "thinking" of them as period.
i found the Irish cream recipe.  Here goes.

This comes from How to Make a World of Liqueurs  by Heather Kibbey and Cheryl
Long, ISBN #0-914667-02-5

     H & C's Irish Cream Liqueur

In our testing for an Irish Cream Liqueur, we used, as our standard, Bailey's
Original Irish Cream ---so good and so expensive!  We found this one of the
most difficult liqueurs to reproduce.  We tried lots of 'homemade' recipes but
all missed the mark of our standard: the best.  So we threw everything out
(except the Bailey's) and started again.  Relax; we finally got it ---- so
good and so inexpensive, so quick and easy!  Ready in just 1 week.  Makes
approximately 1 fifth.  Serve within 6 months.

      2 eggs
      1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
      1/2 tsp chocolate syrup
      1 Tbsp vanilla extract
      1/3 tsp lemon extract
      1/4 tsp instant coffee
      3/4 cup granulated sugar
      1 3/4 cups Irish whiskey

      Place all ingredients in blender; blend well.  bottle and let mellow in
refrigerator at least one week before serving.  We found it best after 1 to 2
weeks.  Store in refrigerator.  Liqueur may be served at room temperature by
removing from refrigerator an hour or two before serving.

Note:
      The better the grade of whiskey used the smoother the end result.  My
lord used Crown Royal in his last batch.  I choked on the expense, but I was
told that the results were liquid gold!