SC - Scrambled Eggs

Sun Feb 15 07:30:16 PST 1998

I made Frittata di Spaghetti one evening as a fast an filling main dish,
using as my weapon of choice a #9 Griswold (the original recipe calls for a
6 inch pan, which will make the omelette thicker).  The recipe is a side
dish for six.  I could have made 2 individual omelets, but a single one was
more efficient.

I also cut it in quarters to make extracting it from the pan easier.  If I
wanted it whole, I'd have turned it onto a platter (something I might do for
a dinner party.

The recipe is OOP, but tasty.

Bear

Frittata di Spaghetti

3 eggs
10 oz. leftover spaghetti and sauce
salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Beat the eggs in a bowl.
Add the pasta and stir to coat the pasta with egg.
Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat.
When the bottom of the omelette has a golden crust, turn the omelette onto a
plate and slip the omelette back into the pan to cook the previously
uncooked top.  Alternatively, if you are using cast iron as I was slide the
omelette under the broiler.  Cook until firm (2 or 3 minutes)