SC - Very OOP

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 15 20:07:04 PST 1998

I finally got this one onto email, and I figured that I would share the
wealth.  This stuff is great, and makes a wonderful food for staring the
morning.  I don't suggest it if you are diabetic.  You can sub in Half and
Half for the Cream, if you are worried about the fat content, I guess.

Hope you enjoy it...

Bogdan

Chocolate Carmel Bars

1 1/2 C Flour
1 1/4 C melted Butter
1 1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C Oatmeal
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking soda
1 pkg caramels
6 TBS heavy whipping cream (I sometimes use 7)
1 1/2 C Chocolate chips (or a little more, since umm, everyone loves
	chocolate)

1) Mix first six ingredients.  Press into the bottom of a 9X13, reserving
	2/3 Cup of the mixture for the topping.
2) Bake at 350 (325 for glass) for 10 minutes
3) MEANWHILE, melt caramels and cream in the top of a double boiler (Naw,
	just put them in the microwave for 4 minutes on 8)
4) sprinkle Choc chips over baked batter, pour caramel mixture over top,
	and then sprinkle the rest of the crust o'er the whole thing
5) Bake for another 15-20 minutes
6) Cool for at least 12 hours before cutting (okay, when I was a little
	kid, my mom used to tell us that we had to wait 24 hours.  Granted
	that made it so that the carmel bars got to Temple for the oneg,
	I must admit that I was floored when she told me they only had
	to sit for 6-12)

Notes: Hmm, oats and dairy. yup, just like cereal, BREAKFAST FOOD!!!