SC - Flours was:[Dstlg] beer bread, OOP

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Mon Feb 16 01:46:41 PST 1998

Gee, I buy the 50 lb sack of generic white flour from a wholesale 'club' and
bake all the time. i use it for bread, cakes and puff pastry with no muss,
no fuss and typical results[for what i learned to do in a pro kitchen...]
I also know the technique for extracting the gluten from the flour to make
'mock meats' and have done it quite successfully with the generic flour. I
treat flour as a complex carbo, not for the protein content. that is what my
legumes are for.

margali