SC - Flours was:[Dstlg] beer bread, OOP

Jeremy Fletcher madbaker at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 16 11:08:05 PST 1998

margali wrote:

>Gee, I buy the 50 lb sack of generic white flour from a wholesale 'club' and
>bake all the time. i use it for bread, cakes and puff pastry with no muss,
>no fuss and typical results[for what i learned to do in a pro kitchen...]

I used to use J. random cheap flour from the club as well and p'shawed that it
made any difference.  A couple of years ago I was given some King Arthur flour,
and found out that it _really_ does improve the quality of the product.  Their
flour is hard wheat, with no additives.  There are other brands that are as good,
and any of them produce a far superior baked good.

    Wulfric of Creigull
- --
"Politics has gotten a lot more interesting ever since the mentally ill
began to be deimstitutionalized a few years ago."
     -- Ron Unz

Jeremy Fletcher    madbaker at ix.netcom.com  0-
Dawn Malmstrom     donata at ix.netcom.com    0-