SC - King's taste comments

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Feb 16 16:29:07 PST 1998

Cariadoc,

Much as I respect your knowledge about period matters, it is not my place
to tell others how to run their Dream. If I had been there, I hope I would
have been able to suggest something other than chocolate chip cookies in
emulation of your Lady Wife, but I wasn't and I didn't. Personally, I don't
care if they call it a tradition or an egg salad sandwich, and I don't
particularly care if their "egg salad sandwich" is to give every would be
fighter a chocolate covered pickled jalepeno. If they enjoy it, perhaps it
will keep them around the SCA long enough to learn better.

What I do take exception to is the fact that some people come down hard on
people who may be fairly new to the Society and are trying to learn. That
is not chivalrous behavior. Unless we're dead and buried, I think our
purpose in the Society is to learn, to teach, and to continue to learn.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,