SC - Puck bashing rant

R.A. Kappler II kappler at edgenet.net
Tue Feb 17 08:53:49 PST 1998

>Is filo pastry period?  (speaking from a position of very great ignorance -
>Puck, no comments, please!)

OKAY!  Enough is enough!  Yes, I have fun playing 'the village idiot'; Yes I
enjoy playing jokes as well as being the butt of them; yes, if one of my
many friends on the lists makes a faux pas, i try to humorously point it out
in the spirit of good clean fun.  BUT!  Never, ever, ever have I derided
someone for not knowing something, or doing something that might be
considered less than intelligent on either the cooks list or the dist list.
I have never flamed anyone except a certain cretin who shall remain nameless
on the East Kingdom list and have come to regret even that.  I am an expert
in steam engineering, nothing else.  I have a good store of knowledge of
other subjects, but have never presumed, to my knowledge, to belittle anyone
who had less knowledge than I, and consider myself an absolute novice about
most of the subjects we discuss on these lists, including brewing.  I am as
newbie as newbie gets, and try very hard to treat others with respect and an
occasional poke in the ribs.  My concern is that some other newbie comes to
the list, sees a post like this, and wont post themselves for fear of attack
from a rapacious Puck.  I realise these "no comments please, Puck" are also
in the spirit of fun, but think of those who do not yet know me, or for that
matter, any of us.  I am friend to all unless given reason to be otherwise
and just a little miffed that a general impression is being created here
that poor lil Puck will attack at the slightest hint of 'weakness.'  Please
folks, I'm not that bad.  Am I?

Harrumph, Puck