SC - sources for ripe fruits

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Feb 17 20:20:13 PST 1998

===================
 > A good start would be calling your grocer or a nursery.  In a pinch,
> fresh-frozen varieties (especially berries) work wonderfully.  I used a
> pkg of fresh-frozen blueberries and white grapes to boil and strain for
> a special codial for my lord just last week.
>
> Brenna

Way back in the Stone Age (And I'll thank you folks in the Peanut
Gallery to lay off the Flintstone jokes just for a second here ;  )!) I
used to have a textbook that a local college used as part of its
curriculum for its program in restaurant and hotel management.
Unfortunately, I no longer have it, and all I can remember is its title,
and even that may be incorrect. IIRC, it was called "Quantity Food
Purchasing" and it dealt almost entirely with the type of information
you seem to be looking for. A slim lead perhaps, but maybe one worth
following.

Adamantius
troy at asan.com