SC - Maid of Honor Tarts

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Feb 21 09:33:47 PST 1998

Cariadoc points out:

> The presence of vanilla is pretty strong evidence that the recipe is not
an
> accurate rendition from a period source. It might be a loose rendition
from
> a period source, or a modern recipe that someone thinks fits a
description
> of the dish.

Hi all from AM
wracking my brain, I'm SURE there's a recipe for a custardy tart with
almonds in it in the period corpus. Could it be a modernization becuase the
modner cook didn't want to bother with almond milk and thought almond
extract would be an acceptable substitute?

Also, there's the modnern convention of creaming together butter and sugar.
Have we ever seen medieval instructions for doing that?

- --ANne-Marie