SC - ash and soapmaking

Irissa Mitchell IrissaM at stlabs.com
Sat Feb 28 22:47:54 PST 1998

Okay - time for a possibly silly question, But...
Where do you get pot-ash to make the soap? Can you buy it? What is
pot-ash exactly? Please tell me it is not the ashes you would get from a
fireplace??
I am actually really interested in trying this. Sorry if someone already
explained all this I must have missed it. Thank you all in advance.

confusedly,
Irissa