SC - water/was coffe and tea at events

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Sun Feb 1 19:54:54 PST 1998

Haifuku!

> >         Water? Horrendous?
>
> Well, yes. For the class of people we are trying to emulate, plain water
> was something you drank in desperation or penace.
>
> I spent some time trying to document plain water as a beverage,
> something that would have been served at table.

	<snip>

	I will bow to your research, unless I hear differently from a
trusthworthy source. It's not a subject I claim any knowledge of. So,
what beverages besides watered wine were drunk?

> Besides, I don't know where you live, but here in the west, we
> frequently camp in places where the water is undrinkable. If I'm gonna
> haul all my beverages in, the only water is usually for gatorade for
> fighters.
>
> Crystal of the Westermark

	Heh. Which part of 'The West'? In Artemisia we generally don't have
that problem - we can find sites with potable water.

	Yumitori