SC -Chamomile Mead

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 17:40:25 PST 1998

<< did anyone make mead out of Chamomile?  Is is
 possible to make mead out of chamomile?

 Aldyth
 Aldyth at juno.com

Yes, it is fairly simple to make herb-infused meads.  What I would do is after
pouring the cooled must into the carboy (or whatever you are fermenting in)
make a tea with the herb (or if you really want to, put the whole herb into
the must) and add to the mead.  I like the tea method better because then I
don't have to rack it off the residue as soon. (in other words, there are no
little leaves and stems floating in the mead).

Tyrca

(p.s. haven't tried specifically Chamomile, but this is what I have done with
spice additions to some of my meads.)