SC - Re:Feast planning

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Feb 2 23:01:42 PST 1998

At 11:09 PM -0500 1/27/98, LrdRas wrote:
>I would gently remind you though that if historical
>accuracy is the issue then the lord of the manner should be providing all the
>food for  guests thus relieving the cooks of any headaches regarding budget.
>;-)

We've done that--and that was a good part of the reason why.

The College of Grey Gargoyles, in the Midrealm, for some years held free
feasts for all comers.  We started after one of our people pointed out that
making one's guests pay was strikingly unmedieval. It wasn't literally "the
lord of the manor" paying; we had various fund-raisers.  And it most
certainly did not relieve the cooks of any budget worries--feeding three
hundred people off the proceeds of the last shire fund-raiser took a lot of
careful planning.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook