SC - kitchen commandments

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 4 18:04:04 PST 1998

> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:44:33 -0500
> From: "Louise Sugar" <dragonfyr at tycho.com>
> Subject: SC - kitchen commandments

<several other commandments snipped for brevity>

This puts me in mind of a notice found on the bulletin board in the
kitchen of the Q.E.II. Quoted in George Lang's "Lang's Compendium of
Culinary Nonsense and Trivia":

The Rules of the Chef

1. The Chef is right.
2. The Chef is always right.
3. The Chef does not sleep, he rests.
4. The Chef doesn't eat, he nourishes himself.
5. The Chef doesn't drink, he tastes.
6. The Chef is never late, he is delayed.
7. The Chef never leaves the service, he is called away.
8. If you enter the Chef's office with your own idea, you leave with
his.
9. The Chef doesn't have a relationship with his secretary, he educates
her.
10. It is forbidden for Chefs to marry in order that their numbers
shouldn't increase.
11. The Chef is always the Chef, even in his swimming costume.
12. If you criticize the Chef, you criticize the Almighty.

Clearly, the evidence suggests this was written a while ago, but it
sounded pretty catchy in spite of its dated quality...

Adamantius
troy at asan.com