Lemon syrup (was SC - o

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Thu Feb 5 10:57:05 PST 1998

Marisa Herzog wrote:
   RE>>Lemon syrup (was SC -É                   2/5/98
> Thank you very much. Would this lemonade would be perioid? Period?
> Medieval? Would it be more or less period or medieval if I made it <snip>>
> Syrup of Lemon Andalusian p. A-74
> <snip>
> I believe all the recipes from the Andalusion cooking source are >safely and well in period, so aside from being middle-eastern (as >opposed to Euro)...
> And lemondade from syrup really tastes different from modern lemonade >and "artificial-lemon-flavored-drink-mixes".
> -brid (eyeing the neighbors lemon tree, they never use them...)

The recipe Betty gave is for, I believe, a hot drink. She suggested I
could dilute it more for lemonade. My question to her is not if the
recipe is period/perioid/medieval,(as I have great trust that anything
she passes on is at least period...) but if the lemonade would be. And
while we're at it, I guess I'd also like to know if the lemonade would
be european or middle-eastern.
Still wondering...
Angelique