SC - teaching kids (was beerbread)

MdePeyriac at aol.com MdePeyriac at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 20:13:28 PST 1998

<< DISHES?  How on earth? >>

      I think it's the playing in the water that's the draw, but the 10 yr old
was the same when he was younger.  The only dish washer we have in the house
is manual, (ie, me - for the most part) so it's just part of what goes on in
the kitchen.
      I grew up in the kitchen.  Both of my parents cook and we kids (there
were 4 of us) were included and encouraged to help.  I've tried to do the same
with our boys.  Both of us cook and the boys are included.  My husband learned
to cook because he didn't like going hungry (his mom had to work to support
them).  He will go get the boys and say, "what are you going to fix?"
      One thing he's had great luck doing with the boys is bread, biscuits and
gravies.  The oldest can always tell me 'which' loaves/biscuits are his.  And
they both like to cook scrambled eggs (I know, not period but...)   :o_)

                                               Melusine