SC - Fw: [Mid] To Isabel/Paula re Siege cookery

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Feb 12 23:31:15 PST 1998

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 10:45:43
: From: Paula Barreto
: To: Middlebridge
: Cc: dblooding at aol.com; pbarreto at iusb.edu; kandrzejewski at marianhs.org
: Subject: [Mid] To Isabel/Paula re Siege cookery
:
: Very good questions, to help clarify, I am also responding to the
: Middlebridge but not showing your personal information.
:
: Ldy Isabel Moundoghter
:
: >>> XXXXXXXXXXXXXX asked: > 02/12 1:10 PM >>>
:
: >Paula,
: >
: >     I had a few questions about the siege cookery.
: >
: >1) Under Required Ingredients, do you mean that the
: >cook must use at least some of every ingredient in
: >the list?
:
: You must use SOME of all the required items in the list, you do not have
: to use it up, IE: If you wanted to use only one tiny sliver of ginger
root,
: for decoration, and toss the rest, that is OK.
:
: >2) Which organ will be the chicken organ meat?
:
: It will be chicken livers, mainly, {livers and hearts if they are
: available (sporadic availability, unlike beef thymus glands at the market
: shop)}
:
: >3) Is the rice white or brown?
:
: I will be having available short grain white rice available.
:
: >4)  Everyone will get one mystery meat, you just
: >won't know until the drawing?
:
: Correct.  You will pick a number, corresponding to a brown paper bag which
: I will endeavor to have as close to the same amount of weight of meat as
is
: humanly possible and still give the cooks one nice piece of meat.
:
: >5) Do the 2 TBS. of dried herb/seasoning from home
: >have to be 2TBS of the same herb or could it be
: >say 1 teaspoon each of six different herbs/spices.
: >Is the fresh herb only one herb or up to 1/4
: >c fresh total.
:
: The grand total would be 2 TBS. of ingredients.  You may mix an match as
: you wish.  Same for the fresh.  This is done for variety, and they will be
: checked at sight for total amount you will be bringing.
:
: >6) In addition to bringing one's own serving utensils
: >and dishes, one would need to bring the rest of
: >cooking equipment such as knives, cooking pots and
: >pans, etc, right?
:
: Correct.  As there is no way on knowing what type of equipment you will be
: using to cook with, you are just limiting yourself now with what you wish
: to bring.
:
: >7)  Will there be more than one oven?  If not what
: >will the temperature be set at?
:
:
: There are multiple ovens, you will be sharing the kitchen with the
: Feast-a-crats and other contestants, accomidation is the word for all.
:
: >
: >Sorry for so many questions, but this is new to me
: >and I'd like to understand how it all works.
:
: Any other questions, I will do my very best to answer.
:
: My thanks for your interest.
:
: Ldy Isabel Moundoghter
:
: >
: >Thanks!
: >XXXXXXXXX
:
: From:  "Paula Barreto" <pbarreto at iusb.edu>
: +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+    to unsubscribe, send a message to
: `~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`    sca-middle-request at dnaco.net with
: .  |  |     |  |     |  |     |  |          'unsubscribe' as its body.