SC - Cocktail Party part deux, OOP/OT

R.A. Kappler II kappler at edgenet.net
Sun Feb 15 01:01:03 PST 1998

ooh, ooh, ohh, I almost forgot to do this before crashing for the week, I
mean night.  Okay gentles all, as promised we (as opposed to the ever
present they?) have been trying different products/approaches to the
cocktail party proposed and sorta done two weeks ago.  Provided by the ever
valiant and emminently resourceful Lady Ninkip is an address for PAL:

 http://talk.excite.com/communities/excite/pal/tips/

PAL is a free, easily downloadable and executable (heck, I did it, it MUST
be idiot proof) program much akin to ICQ which allows a massive chat line to
be built, conference rooms to be assembled and private asides and <gasp>
trysts to be enjoined without spam from the porn folk, spying by curious
surfers and the connectivity problems experienced at the last party (Phlip's
dog aside:-).  The users of ICQ that have experimented with PAL with us have
found it to have some better qualities and, thus far, none worse.

SO......as the resident happy soul, head bartender until properly relieved
or soused and self appointed Chief Maker of Mirth, I respectfully invite all
gentles to enjoin in a real time social Monday evening.  Bar opens at 5pm
est, and stays open till ???  If you are interested, just download the PAL
program, and Phlip has unknowingly voluteered to be party central, so
privately mail her your e-mail address so the group can recognize you when
you come online.  To make this more interesting, think of toasts to be given
at the party and, based on the decision of the group, I will send a bottle
of the latest batch of cider to the offerant of the best toast of the
evening.  Hope you can make it!  We now return you to your regularly (?)
scheduled programming.

aside to Lord Ras;  why no, m'lord. I would never think of breaking the law
by MAILING cider....was rather thinking of hiring a really big carrier
pigeon ;-)

Regards, Puck