SC - List topics, on and off

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Feb 17 11:59:05 PST 1998

From: "Crystal A. Isaac" <crystal at pdr-is.com>
Subject: Re: SC - Cinnamon Mead / was Breakfasts

>Wes Will (Eoin Campbell) wrote:
>snip
>> 2)  Cinnamon mead, recipe and techniques available for the asking, but not

>Why not on this list? Is there some reason we allow baking but not
>
>Crystal of the Westermark

Milady:
I was simply trying to keep the list from wandering too far afield, without
limiting any members access to the information.  If we start on mead, as
happened a few weeks ago, then somebody (me, I think) brings up freeze
concentration, and then we get a discussion of the legalities (per the ATF
agent I sat down with, it is) of distillation, and then we get some cyser
folks popping in, and then  some cordials, and finally somebody complains
that it's off-topic, really, for a cooking list, and then we discuss what
is and is not on-topic for this list, and __finally__ we get back to the
posting of seriously cooking-related stuff, like some of the recipes sent
lately which I'm dying to try out on the local feasting population.

In other words, it produces a spate of letters just like this one.

Now, would Milady Crystal of the Westermark like me to send to her the mead
recipe, and in what detail?  Do you understand mead-making already, and
just wish an ingredient list?  Or do you need the "Mead 101" version?

In Service To The Dreamers,
Eoin Campbell, Dubhspirag
College of St. Michael and All Angels
Shire of Far Reaches