SC - Candied Citrus Peel

kathe1 at juno.com kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Feb 17 06:06:29 PST 1998

How about 1596? The Good Huswife's Jewell by Thomas Dawson has "To
preserve oranges, which is really preserving the whole orange not just
the peel. Or 1597, The Second Part of the Good Huswife's Jewell has "To
confite orenge peeles which may be doone at all times in the yeere, and
cheefly in May, because then the said peeles be greatest and thickest." I
use the second recipe. I've never tried the first.

Julleran