SC - Jewish food in period

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Feb 7 23:36:54 PST 1998

I read a bunch of volumes of _Early Period_ some time back. I enjoyed the
publication, but my impression was that their food articles were rarely if
ever based on period recipes. So my guess would be that they took period or
biblical references to food and found modern ethnic recipes to fit.

On the other hand, there is a period tamarind drink in _Manuscrito
Anonimo_,if I remember correctly ...   .

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/