SC - coffe and tea at events

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at tempphd1.com
Mon Feb 2 08:09:43 PST 1998

> From:	david friedman [SMTP:ddfr at best.com]
> At 2:21 PM -0500 1/30/98, Gedney, Jeff wrote:
>
> >I wholly support the "Enchanted Campground" methodology, and would
> love
> >to spin and weave my own tartans, for example.
>
> Just a note on the Enchanted Ground. What distinguishes it is not that
> everything in it is perfectly authentic to a high level--so far as I
> know,
> none of us have spun and woven our own cloth, for example. The point
> of the
> encampment is:
>
> 1. Avoiding anything that is obviously and unnecessarily out of
> period--which does not imply a high standard (machine woven fabric is
> not
> obviously out of period to most of us), but rather an attempt to
> eliminate,
> so far as practical, all clearly OOP things such as visible coolers.
>
> 2. Everyone being in persona all of the time (inside the encampment).
I was aware of this. Sorry to be misleading.
I meant, NOT that this was required by the Enchanted Campground, but
that the Mentality fostered by such excellence in recreation moves one
to try harder.  I meant to use the tartan as an example of how trying
harder would apply to me, not as an example of what is required by the
Campground.  Sorry If I misled anyone.

Brandu