Lemon syrup (was SC - oxymel/hydromel/etc)

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Thu Feb 5 06:01:18 PST 1998

Thank you very much. Would this lemonade would be perioid? Period?
Medieval? Would it be more or less period or medieval if I made it with
honey? I made (minted)sekanjabin by your recipe the other day. The mint
that I used in it was not as flavorful as I had hoped, but it still
tastes ok. Is the minted sekanjabin served hot or cold, in period? Is
the version served at Pennsic, iced, and of the minted  variety period
or perioid? Or is the hot, vinegar & sugar/honey only version the only
truly 'period' version. I plan to make the lemon syrup and put a pitcher
of both drinks on the table to share when we are at feast. Again, thank
you so much. Even if the two drinks as I'd like to serve them (cold or
iced)turn out to be only perioid, they will maintain my vision of the
Dream at table better than what I could have offered before.
Merci
Angelique