SC - [fwd] Period Vegetarian

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 23:10:55 PST 1998

> Apparently_ (which means I  was told by an unreliable or forgotten source)
the Pope declared that fowl were actually a type of fish. Mmmm, anybody want
to come down the beach with me? I'm going to catch some goose ;)

I remember the reference in a food and religon course at University of
Atlantia. I'm sure the instructer named sources in his bibliography, but the
handout is temporaraly unavailable for viewing.... He refered to the "Barnicle
Goose" and said they actually nested and migrated from somewhere in the New
World or perhaps Africa....so Europeans never saw them lay eggs. They were
thought to come from barnicles for some reason. Sounds like a stretch to me...

Corwyn