SC - islinglass crystals!? Am I thinking of the wrong thing?

Mon Feb 9 11:30:47 PST 1998

According to this derivation of the word, the sturgeon came first. :-)

Bear

i*sin*glass (i1zen-glas?, i1zing-) noun
1.	A transparent, almost pure gelatin prepared from the air bladder of
the sturgeon and certain other fishes and used as an adhesive and a
clarifying agent.
2.	Mica in thin, transparent sheets.
[By folk etymology (influenced by GLASS), from obsolete Dutch huizenblas,
from Middle Dutch huusblase : huus, sturgeon + blase, bladder.]