SC - teaching kids (was beerbread)

R.A. Kappler II kappler at edgenet.net
Wed Feb 11 16:01:14 PST 1998

>My husband does this with the 10 yr old.  It's great.  Now I'm having
trouble
>with the 2 yr old.  He wants to 'help' all the time and I'm not ready to
have
>him up at the stove cooking quite yet.  The little one loves to wash dishes
>too.   :o_)
>
>                                            Melusine

DISHES?  How on earth?  haven't been able to get that concept through yet.
Tell me tell me!  Ya'know.....papa, I sure hope you deem this budding thread
as topical, cuz I see lots of places we can go with it.  One thing I'm
working up to is my first true period dish, and can't think of a better
thing than to do it with my boys.  I have been at sea most of their lives,
so every opportunity.......
So, since I brought it up, I'll push the thread a little.  What
recommendations would the list make re a first period dish for Puck and his
11 and 12 year old tax deductions to cook as a team.  For those of you that
don't have kids, here's a few ground rules:  Must be very tasty, fun and not
too complicated to prepare, though lots of unusual ingredients is a plus
(remember the chemistry set), ummmm....time is sort of important; what was
your attention span at that age?  Oh, and pleyn Delit is currently our best
resource, so if you suggest an idea from another source, recipe please?
Nothing needing redaction, we need to work our way up.  Now that I've been a
killjoy, I'll borrow kat's bambi eyes and mewl puuuulllleeeease?

Regards, Puck