SC - Hedgehogs

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 06:07:26 PST 1998

In a message dated 2/12/98 8:54:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, stefan at texas.net
 writes:

 << Uh, folks, the hedgehog is not a goundhog. It is similar to the American
 porcupine not a groundhog. I find it hard to think of something covered
 in spines as “cuddly”. >>

 That is accurate. The hedgehog, IMO, seems to fill a biological niche more
 closely  to that filled by the groundhog than the porcupine. I would piont out
 that the American porcupine is immenently edible! It's flesh being
 extraordinarily succulent. Even more so thanthat of a young groundhog. The
 spines on a hedgehog are not barbed like those of it's American cousin. And
 the fur on it's belly is so soft that it is almost decadently sensual to the
 touch.

 Ras