SC - Various, incl blancmanger

marilyn i traber mtraber at juno.com
Thu Feb 12 09:50:42 PST 1998

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:36:21 -0000 "Yeldham, Caroline S"
<csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk> writes:
>.  They
>would
>have a much stronger flavour than modern chickens, particularly
>battery hens
>slaughtered at 16 weeks (that was the life-span I last heard quoted).
odd, I have always had my birds start producing eggs at 24-26 weeks...
margali

Caroline said...
>  Although some chickens and capons were fattened
up for luxury dishes, most were kept for their eggs and would only be
eaten
at the end of their laying life (or in emergency, I suppose).  They would