SC - Re: hedgehogs & very OOP & OT

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Fri Feb 13 18:44:40 PST 1998

Dear gentles,

     Although I am not a regular reader of this list, I have
thoroughly enjoyed the posts I have browsed through over the last
day or so.  I have one query and one contribution that I would like
to make.

    1) I am concerned about the high level of interest in hedgehog
recipes, given that most of the interest appears to come from gentles
residing in lands that lack hedgehogs.  Do you have exceptionally co-
operative zoo keepers in your baronies? or do you fit
out longboats, sail to the old world and plunder their hedgehogeries?
'tis a question that puzzles me.

    2)  for period documentation on conception and associated matters,
may I recommend Boccachio's decameron (particularly book 7 from
memory).  Most English translations leave the more specific "recipes"
in Italian but I am sure there are those of you who would enjoy doing
the redaction.

your humble and obedient servant,
Jan van Seist (mka Ian van Tets)
Adamastor (mka deepest darkest Africa), Drakenwald